New Jersey Conservation Foundation: Learn basic animal tracking September 25
Photo credit: New Jersey Conservation Foundation
Interested in getting closer to the wildlife you enjoy? Join expert trackers from the internationally famous Tom Brown, Jr. Tracker School in the wilds of the Forked River Mountains in Waretown, Ocean County, on Sept. 25 and learn the basics of animal tracking.
Skills to be taught include:
- Identification of trails, runs and other animal signs
- Track and compression recognition
- Trail following using gait patterns and measurements
- Wilderness awareness and movement techniques
- New Jersey Conservation Foundation has been working to save land in the Forked River Mountain area for two decades. To date, we have preserved nearly 4,000 acres.